OBJECTIVE / GOAL
As Rotary International initiated the Polio Eradication Campaign and was successful in making India Polio Free. Similarly, we propose to take up Organ, Skin & Eye Donation Awareness Campaign at our District to spread the message and motivate people to
MAKE A WILL TO TOUCH LIVES…!
WHY ORGAN DONATION?
- Organs Buried or cremated after Death is a wasted life saving property.
- Organs donated can save life/ Eye can provide vision of someone in need/ Skin can prevent infection in burns.
- Need for Organs for transplant is very high.
- Availability of Organs doesn’t match even 5% of requirement.
- Many people requiring Organs die before the availability of Organs
- Organs cannot be purchased.
Why Awareness of Organ Donation?
- To save the lives of those in need and improve their functional capacity of life.
- Lack of Awareness is the main reason for poor availability of Donors.
- Myths about Skin/Eye/Organ Donations.
- Religious and social stigmas.
- To make people aware of the procedure of Skin/Eye/Organ Donation.
- To increase the Number of pledges.
- To aim at making every Rotarian/Spouse undertake the pledge to Donate.