Pledge Your Eye
Awareness of Eye Donation
Spread light in the world of Darkness or just turns
God has blessed all of us with Eyes
But some person cannot see through them us, as their
Cornea is Damaged.
In India, there are approximately 10 million blind in both the eye & 5 Million blind in one eye, that makes one-third of the total blind population of the world.
EYE DONATION – FACTS …?
- Call the nearest Eye Bank
- Switch OFF fans of the rooms.
- Keep ACs ON.
- Place wet cotton on closed eyes of the donor.
- Raise the head with a pillow.
HOW AND WHEN?
- Eyes should be donated within 6 hrs of death.
- Total procedure takes 15-20 minutes.
- There is no disfigurement of the face of the donor.
- After removal, the eyes are analyzed, processed at the eye bank and then the cornea is transplanted within 96 hours.
- Eye blanks come under the Human Organ Transplantation Act and are given registration after inspection by competent authorities. Donated eyes cannot be brought or sold as it is a crime under the act.